- Marital Settlement Agreement - $99
- DC Divorce with Children - with DC Separation Agreement - $199
- DC Divorce without Children - with DC Separation Agreement - $199
- DC Divorce Forms Only - No Separation Agreement - $149.00
- Premarital Agreement - $99
- Modification of Child Support - $149
- Child Custody Modification Package - $149
Wills, Powers of Attorney, Living Wills
Online Legal Advice
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About DCDIVORCEONLINE.COM
- What does "Try Before You Buy" mean?
- Why do I need to register?
- How do I register?
- What if I forget my password?
- How do I change my password?
- I am not a resident of Maryland. Can I still get my documents through you?
- Completing Forms Online
- How are legal documents created?
- Which Web browser do I need?
- I don’t understand what a question means or is referring to.
- I have a red asterisk next to a question group after completing my document. What does this mean?
- What happens when my document is reviewed and complete?
- How do I print my document?
- My account, My services, My documents – Tell me more!
- Web site Safety and Security. Is your web site secure?
- Can I meet with you in your office?
- What is your contact information?
Just what it says. You can see insert your answers in our online
questionnaire and see your document being assembled in real time.
When you go to Save your information, you will be ask to Register
which will give you access with a user name and password to your
MyLegalAffairs account when you return to the
site. Your answers are saved and you can return any time you want.
You won't be able to print or export your document, until you pay for our legal service and we have reviewed your document and make sure that is appropriate for your circumstances.
When you complete inserting your answers and click on the Submit button we get your answers and the document for our review and analysis.
Because of our use of this document automation technology we are
able to keep our legal fees low and affordable.
Other law firms and lawyers should use this technology, but frankly they are slow to adopt, so they have to charge a higher legal fee for the same result that you will get for less cost.
To help safeguard all confidential client information, we must require you to register and login to enter the MyLegalAffairs™ safe and secure client portal. You can register and start answering questions in the questionnaire without making payment until you are finished.
Simply click the Save/Purchase button within the web browser where you are assembling your document. Then you will be prompted to register if you are a new client. Registration requires your name, telephone, e-mail address, mailing address, and for you to create a private username and password.
Not a problem. Click the “Forgot Username or Password?” link at the top-right corner of the MyLegalAffairs™ client portal login page or the home page, and we will email the username and password to the email you used while registering for MyLegalAffairs™
When logged in to MyLegalAffairs™ safe and secure client portal click on “My Account” in the top menu bar and verify all of your contact information is correct. Under the “Update” button you will see a blue “Click here” to change your password link, then you will be prompted to enter your old password and new password to change it.
Unfortunately, no. Our documents are specific to the District of Columbia and I am licensed in the District of Columbia. We can serve District of Columbia residents only, or out of state residents who have a matter within the District of Columbia. However, I also serve Maryland residents through our related web site at: MDFAMILYLAWYER.COM , which as the same approach to the delivery of legal services.
There is an easy to follow 3 Step Process.
- Register and Choose a Service – Choose a document or legal
service and enter your information in the Online questionnaire.
You can work on a Questionnaire without registering. When
you are ready to save your data, you will be ask to Register.
When you are ready to submit your document, you can buy the
Register with your name and e-mail address. (This creates an account for you and enables you to save your data in the online questionnaire).
- Access your secure MyLegalAffairs™ Page every time you sign in, with your e-mail address and password. Continue to complete your questionnaire.
- Purchase legal service when you are ready. Submit your Questionnaire to our attorney team.
- Attorney Review – We review your questionnaire and create your documents and forms. Documents are returned to your through your MyLegalAffairs™ ready for signature and execution, or when appropriate filing in court.
Your documents are created with the help of our intelligent document automation technology, which asks you a series of easy-to-answer questions that tailor themselves to your circumstances. Each question is accompanied with explanatory notes designed to provide you with the information needed to answer the question correctly. The use of this document automation technology enables our law firm to keep legal fees low. Traditional law firms generating documents using “cut and paste” methods that results in higher costs and higher legal fees.
The information you enter will be stored securely online, allowing you to access and complete the questionnaire at any time. Once your document is created I will undertake further review and analysis. In most cases, I or my paralegal assistants will contact you further clarification. If necessary I will call you be phone to give you legal advice directly if I think it is necessary. You will be able to contact me at any time, by email or phone, or webcam to discuss your case and receive additional legal advice.
The minimum browser requirements for creating documents on the Web site are Internet Explorer version 6.0 and above, Firefox version 3.0 and above, Chrome, or Safari. You can assemble documents and legal forms on a Windows or an Apple computer, including an IPAD.
Most questions are accompanied by explanatory notes designed to provide you with the information needed to answer the question correctly. A small “?” (question mark) icon by any question indicates that there is explanatory text to help you answer a question. Click on the “?” to see the help text; click on the “?” again to close the help text pop up box.
10. I have a red asterisk next to a questions group after completing my document. What does this mean?
If you have a red asterisk next to a questions group, this shows that you have missed answering a question. Double click on the questions group to view and complete any unanswered questions. Questions specifically listed as “optional” or that have help text indicating the question may be skipped or left blank, can remain unanswered. Otherwise, complete required questions to ensure the accuracy of your document.
You will receive an e-mail advising you that your document is complete. The e-mail will either have an attachment with the finished document, or the completed document or form will be uploaded to your secure MyLegalAffairs™ page where you can download it.
Once your document is created I will undertake further review and analysis. In most cases, I or my paralegal assistants will contact you further clarification. If necessary I will call you be phone to give you legal advice directly if I think it is necessary. You will be able to contact me at any time, by email or phone, or webcam to discuss your case and receive additional legal advice.
Once you have logged into your MyLegalAffairs™ you will see a list of completed documents under the Document tab. Click on the assembled document directly and you can print a copy. You can also export the document to your desktop in MS Word or Adobe .PDF and print the document from your local printer. For an additional postage fee, we will ship you a paper copy of your documents.
My account: Contains the personal details you entered when you registered with our law firm. From this section of the site you are able to view and/or amend any of these details.
My services: Contains an overview of services you have access to.
Summary: An overview of document templates (you have accessed), documents in progress, documents with your chosen law firm for approval, and those already approved by a law firm.
My Questionnaires Here you can start to create new legal documents based on the services you have selected.
We utilize the same level of protection and security that is used by banks and required by our national insurance company clients. Through our secure, state-of-the-art hosting facilities, our clients receive the highest data protection commercially available.
We provide an integrated system that allows authorized parties in and keeps everyone else out through the use of:
- Firewalls to prevent unauthorized access;
- SSL encryption to keep documents secure;
- U.S. government-standard 128-bit AES encryption;
- Site certificates to verify server identities;
- Secure IDs to verify user identity;
- Windows security to keep network logins locked up;
- Intrusion protection against login attempt and unauthorized transmissions; and Off-site data storage.
You can make an appointment to meet me in one of my offices in
the District of Columbia. I meet with clients only by
appointment, as I live most of the time in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
However, you will find that I am very responsive by email, telephone, and Skype. We will try to answer your phone call or email within one business day.
Office meetings are rarely necessary. We do not provide free consultations because of our low-cost delivery model. We charge a fixed fee for office meetings.
Our contact information is as follows:
Richard S. Granat, Esq.
Granat Legal Services, P.C.
1629 K Street, Suite 300
Washington, D.C. 20006
Email: contact us here